Reflections

Part A:

My writing previous to this course to put it nicely was voiceless. I could not formulate a story with a prompt or idea. I could not dissect another writing piece and emulate or expand.

My writing now Has become much more defined. It has a sarcastic voice at times but it is fluent throughout. I’ve found that I know how to create a central theme and build around it instead of trying to piece a theme and a story together when they do not go together.

I have developed a more keen eye when it comes to comma errors. I have not really found a genre that I excel in yet. My ideas are more developed and well thought. I think I increased the amount of detail I put in when describing using imagery.

My voice is a cynical sarcastic which is reflective of who I am as a person. My style seems to be mostly in first person. I haven’t been able to practice my 3rd person writing.

Make sure to keep up with all the assignments and don’t put them off to the last minute like I have. Participate in class discussions and share all your work so you have the confidence to post it later. Make sure to keep your journal organized with dates and titles.

I hope that my writing is going to constantly improve even after my diploma. I hope that my GUMPS will improve as well.

Part B:

personally my blogging skills went from 0 to knowing my username and password. No just kidding I’m actually developing my skills every time I reset my blog. I can easily teach someone how to set one up and look quite nice.

I feel that my blog has flourished nicely and I’ve learned how to have constantly changing backgrounds and I’ve really enjoyed my newest layout. I think if I had to improve it I would try to make a theme through out my blog because right now my blog has no real purpose behind it, it seems.

Honestly I won’t do anything with my blog but I might visit it later on to make fun of the terrible writing that is on here.

I’m not going to have time to follow anyone else’s blog but I would like to keep following our Hunniwriters7 blog.

I did not even know there were professional bloggers.

Part C:

During one of our classes we were talking about colors. I was sitting there and we saw a wheel of colors. They had a list of traits that have to do with that color. I saw the color green and it means life and renewal. I thought about how my favorite color is green and what that really says about me as a person. I value life and survival. I’m always living in the moment and I love that about me.

For reading I’m planning on reading any 30-1 level book. But I’m trying to find one that is science fiction and hopefully that will spark my interest more.

I feel this blog is my greatest writing achievement and my goal is to score 85% or better on my English diploma in grade 12.

I won’t be able to take it with my science heavy schedule next year.

I’m going to keep reading and constantly keep writing stories.

Part D:

I’m quite happy with our choice of doing Shane Koyczan. I have developed a more conscientious voice from studying his texts and my poetry has improved as well.

I am really into spoken word poetry now and I learned that the best inspirations are ones you find in your own life not other peoples.

I’m intending on reading the rest of Shane Koyczan’s work I have also been looking at TED talks for others with great stories.

http://theoghotashades.edublogs.org/ – Lucas

His blog is so intriguing right from the moment you click on it. His GUMPS are what mine dream to be and his storytelling is like no other. I also love the fact that he constantly bashes on Donald Trump.

http://g8m8848.edublogs.org/ – Kayden

His blog is incredible. His poetry is phenomenal and I cannot stress enough how deep and meaningful his post are. He is an amazing writer that will go far.

http://origamicranes.edublogs.org/ – Aaron

His piece of writing are so mesmerizing. from what he shares in class to what he post on his blog, it is so meticulously planned out and edited.  I also love his voice in his writing.

Part E:

Darkness

The title symbolizes how darkness is always referenced as a binding or prison. A man gets trapped in a dark room and start to realize his captors are very bad. I need a way to express my views on darkness. I was really influence by the class we had where we tried to write about every color in 30 seconds and when Mrs. Hunnisett said black the first thing I wrote was trapped.I used a first person view and I used my voice as if I was in the nameless character’s position. Honestly I just wrote until it made sense. I try to put 4 major points in a story and try my best to connect them all by the end of it.