White Light

The grass was changing into the autumn gold. The trees preparing for the merciless snow to come. Wind blows into my ear and leaves my spine in a chilled state. I head inside the bar to warm up and I find myself ordering myself a drink seconds upon entering.

I have planned this date for a week now. Somewhere in that broken bar, where men lurk in the light prowling for intimacy, could be the love of my life. My dying wish and my orchid. Ironically, I bought a rose for her. Here is where she will unveil her white wings of life and release her delicate beating heart. That Heart full of joy and solace, can not compare to anything any mere mortal has seen or touched. A goddess materializes into my sight from across the light of the broken pool table and town drunk. A white blouse and smile. Spectacles encase my eyes and the only clear thing is her. Her and her white innocence.

Alas I have foundĀ mi amor. We catch a cab to get out of the crowded bar and to her place. The tender night of love and delight begins with the encasing of my lips to hers. My hands on her hips and neck. I pull her closer like a predator about to feast on its prey. We adjourn from the door to the table then the couch and finally her bedroom.

The lust for her grows as the night extends into the sleep of the moon and a bright light awakens me. I hear her voice for the first time since the bar. I can’t even remember it but the euphoric thought of the night comforts me.

…..That could have been my night if I ever had the courage to talk to her. instead I saw her and got embarrassed and left I couldn’t look at her with my nose starting to bleed and I could feel her intimidating aura and I left the bar. I went home to my 4 cats; Mittens, Liddy, Dandy, and Billeth. The white of my eyes turns to red as tears drop down my wrinkled face. 12 years since that night and I’m still sitting here at home only all alone not even a white cat.

We had done an exercise using Color and I decided that White is a great color because I can have so many different meanings based on the context. Like in this story I splashed it into the theme of a buried life.

Skip to toolbar